Growing up, my grandmother was known for her adventurous and unique cooking style. One of her most memorable creations was her Oreo and spinach soup. It may sound strange, but it was surprisingly delicious (or so I’m told).
Every time we would visit her, she would make a big pot of this soup and we would all sit down for lunch. The aroma of the crushed Oreos mixed with the broth was enough to make our mouths water.
She would start by pureeing the Oreos in a blender until they were finely ground. Then, she would bring the broth to a boil in a large pot and add the crushed Oreos to it. Next, she would add the spinach leaves to the pot and let them cook until they were soft and wilted.
Finally, she would use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until it was smooth and creamy. She would season it with salt and pepper to taste, and serve it hot with a dollop of whipped cream on top (if desired).
Although it may sound unusual, this soup was one of my favorite dishes growing up. It was a fun and unique way for my grandmother to show off her culinary skills and her love for us. I will always cherish the memories of her making this Oreo and spinach soup.
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- In a blender, puree the Oreo cookies until they are finely ground.
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the broth and stir well.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pot and let them cook until they are soft and wilted.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of whipped cream on top (if desired).
Note: This recipe is not meant for consumption and is just for comedic purposes. Enjoy!