Watch this video to learn how to make Corn & Chicken Chowder
CORN AND CHICKEN CHOWDER
2 chicken legs
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
4 tablespoons oil
½ cup chopped leeks
3 tablespoons chopped celery
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1½ cups corn kernels
1 tablespoon butter
4 cups chicken stock
1 corn cob
2-3 tablespoons fresh cream
Fresh parsley for garnishing
1. Marinate the chicken legs with salt andone teaspoon crushed black peppercornsfor ten to fifteen minutes.
2. Heat two tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan, and sear the chicken from both sides on high heat and cook for two to three minutes.
3. Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker, add leeks, celery and garlic and sauté for two minutes.
4. Add corn kernels and sauté again. Addbutter and mix.
5. Add salt andremaining crushed black peppercorns and mix again. Add chicken stock and corn cob and let the mixture come to a boil.
6. Addchicken legs, cover the cooker and cook under pressure till three whistles are given out. Let the pressure reduce completely.
7. Open the pressure cooker, remove the cob and discard it. Take out chicken and place on a plate
8. Churn the mixture in the pressure cooker lightly with a blender. Switch on the heat and let it boil once again.Add fresh cream mix and switch of heat.
9. Debone the chicken legs with a fork and shred it.
10. Put shredded chicken in a serving bowl and pour the chowder over. Chop parsley and garnish with it. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor